It is important to know how to disassemble a gaming chair or office chair. If you’re looking for a comfortable gaming chair that will last you for years, it’s important to choose one that is well-built and easy to disassemble for transport or storage. Luckily, many gaming chairs come with detachable parts that make them a breeze to take apart and put back together.
In most cases, the backrest and seat can be detached from the base, making it quick and easy to pack up your chair for travel. In addition, many gaming chairs have removable heads and lumbar pillows, which can also be taken off for convenient storage. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be disassembling your gaming chair like a pro in no time!
Importance Of Disassembling Your Gaming Chair
Most people don’t think about disassembling their gaming chair or office chair when it comes time to move – they just grab it and go. However, taking the time to disassemble your chair can save you a lot of hassle (and potentially damage) in the long run. Here’s why:
It’s Easier To Move
When you take apart your gaming chair, you can more easily fit it into a car or storage space. This is especially helpful if you have a large chair or one with many special features.
It Protects Your Chair
If you’re going to be transporting your gaming chair, disassembling it first will help to protect it from bumps and scratches. In addition, if you’re planning to store your chair for an extended period of time, taking it apart will help to keep the parts from rusting or becoming damaged.
When you disassemble your gaming chair, you’re less likely to accidentally damage it. This is especially important if you have a delicate or expensive chair.
You Can Customize The Fit
If you have a gaming chair with adjustable parts, disassembling it will allow you to change the configuration to better suit your needs. For example, if you want to use your chair for both gaming and working, you can adjust the height and tilt of the seat to accommodate both activities.
If you have a gaming chair with adjustable parts, disassembling it will allow you to better customize the fit for your body. This means that you’ll be more comfortable when gaming for long periods of time.
You Can Clean It More Easily
When you take apart your gaming chair, you can access all of the nooks and crannies that might otherwise be difficult to reach. This makes it easy to keep your chair clean and looking its best.
So next time you need to move your gaming chair, take a few minutes to disassemble it first – your back (and wallet).
Disassembling A Gaming Chair: Step-By-Step Guide
So, you’re ready to disassemble your gaming chair. Whether you’re moving to a new house or simply need to free up some space, disassembling your chair is a relatively easy process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Removing The Backrest
In most chairs, the backrest is attached with bolts or screws. Use a Screwdriver to remove the bolts or screws, then lift the backrest off of the chair.
- Start by unclasping the backrest from the seat of the chair. In most cases, there will be a lever on the side of the chair that you can push to release the backrest.
- Once the backrest is released, you can remove it from the chair. Some chairs have additional features, such as headrests or lumbar pillows, that can be removed at this time.
- If your chair has a detachable cover, you can remove it now to access the back of the backrest.
Remove The Seat Cushion
Most seat cushions are held in place with velcro or snaps. Simply pull the seat cushion away from the chair to remove it.
- Locate the screws that hold it in place and remove them with a Phillips screwdriver. Be careful not to strip the screws. The backrest cushion can then be lifted off of the chair.
- With both cushions removed, you will now have access to the chair’s internal components. Begin by removing the gas lift cylinder, if any, which is what allows you to adjust the chair’s height. Locate the retaining ring that holds it in place and remove it using a flathead screwdriver. The gas lift cylinder can then be pulled out of the chair.
- Next, remove the Rollerblade caster wheels by first removing the plastic end caps. These are usually held in place with small Phillips screws. Once the end caps have been removed, the caster wheels can be pulled out of their sockets.
Remove The Base Of The Chair
In most chairs, the base is attached with four bolts or screws. Use a Screwdriver to remove the bolts or screws, then lift the base off of the chair.
The base of the chair is what gives it height and stability. Most gaming chairs have a five-pointed base, which means that there are four legs and a central column.
- To remove the base of the chair, start by unscrewing the central column from the seat. Once the column is removed, you should be able to easily pull the legs off of the chair.
Remove The Armrests
In most chairs, the armrests are attached with two bolts or screws. Use a Screwdriver to remove the bolts or screws, then lift the armrests off of the chair.
Most gaming chairs have removable armrests, but some may be permanently attached. If the armrests are removable, they will usually have a plastic clip or screw that needs to be removed. Once the clip or screw is removed, the armrest can be pulled off. If the armrest is not removable, skip to the next step.
And that’s it! Once you’ve removed all of the major components, you can proceed to disassemble them further for transport or storage. Just be sure to keep all of the hardware organized so that you can easily reassemble your chair when you’re ready to use it again!
We hope you found this disassembly guide helpful. Remember, taking apart your chair is a relatively easy process that can be completed in just a few minutes. So next time you need to move or clean your gaming chair, don’t be afraid to disassemble it first!